Thursday, March 26, 2009

March 26th

So the small black spot is our baby at 5 weeks 5 days (March 16th). It was very reassuring to see our baby. We were even able to see the beginnings of a heartbeat. It was very helpful for me to see that the baby was tucked way in the back of the uterus. Therefore the baby could not escape. Silly the things a mother thinks about. For Jason seeing the ultrasound allowed him to experience a new reality. He was very excited! After this appointment I was officially able to go off of all my invitro medications. This was a huge step for me, as I was very tired of taking medications for so long.

Since the ultrasound I have experienced many changes. I definitely feel pregnant. I yawn all day long and welcome any naps I can get. I have mild to moderate nausea throughout the day but no vomiting so far. I am glad, because I am able to continue traveling for work. I have troubles deciding what foods sounds good to me. I do know that things like red meat and fish sound gross just thinking about it. I enjoy eating bland cereals, milkshakes, pasta, and fruit. I haven't gained any weight, but I am sure that will change soon. We had a fabulous trip to Florida. I was able to get lots of rest, relaxation and time in the sun. I was even able to enjoy crab legs before seafood became a food I now detest. It was fun talking to my mom and Nina about what they remember from their pregnancies and deliveries.

On Monday we go back to our reproductive endocrinologist for an 8 week ultrasound. I think we will also be able to hear the heartbeat.

No comments: