Sunday, March 8, 2009

Friday March 6th

I wanted to turn off my alarm and skip my early morning pregnancy test, but eventually I made myself get up and throw on some clothes. The new nurse drew my blood, and it really hurt this time. I was so sick of being poked! On the way out Patty said in a sympathetic voice, "I will call you again with the results. Well, we'll see." I couldn't get out of there fast enough as I could feel the overwhelming sadness for me in the office. As quick as I could I got ready for work and headed to my business lunch in Edina. As I was meeting my sales rep in the parking lot and picking up bags of Chili's catering my phone rang. It was the doctors office. We were late for our lunch, but I figured the call would only take a second to hear the results.

(Meanwhile, Jason called my mom. He shared the bad news and said, "It would take a miracle to be positive today.")

Nurse Patty asked me where I was as though she was preparing me for more bad news. I told her I was in a parking lot, but it didn't matter. She then began to tell me, "Well there was something wrong with the lab machine on Wednesday. Your results were not accurate. In fact, your beta was 134 on Wednesday and it is 284 today. You are pregnant. These are nice healthy numbers for a singleton. I am sorry about the lab. The machine..." I interrupted her and said, "I don't care! All I care about is the real results. Oh my! I believe in miracles!" I began to cry out in total joy. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Patty went on to explain future appointments and what medications I should keep taking. I was so overwhelmed. Finally she said, "Are you listening to me?" I replied in tears, "NO!". She told me to call her later if I had any questions. I proceeded to sit through my 2 hour business lunch completely distracted. I was dreaming about how I would tell Jason the news. Afterwards I raced through traffic to the party store and target. I picked up a teddy bear and placed a bib around his neck that said, "I Love Daddy." I got pink and blue balloons and a mylar balloon of a baby that I attached to the bear. I could not get home fast enough. I had never felt adrenaline like that!




I pulled in the garage and placed the bear and balloons on the hood of my car. I hollered into the house, "Jason, will you come help me bring in some boxes?" He came down the stairs and started telling me a story. I interrupted him and told him we could talk after we brought the boxes inside. He opened the door and immediately saw my surprise. His eyes went wide and his jaw dropped. Tears welled up in his eyes and he said, "Are you kidding me." I told him that the lab was wrong and that we are pregant. The rest is blurry. Hugs, kissed, tears, rejoicing!




We then suprised Jason's sister Lindsay, who was visiting us, by asking her to also come help with the boxes. She too was shocked and looked very confused. Immediately we packed up and headed to Iowa to tell my parents. Lindsay will be blogging later to share her thoughts and the videos of when we suprised our parents.

No comments: